Win an Istanbul trip for two T&Cs
Competitions Terms and Conditions:
- No purchase necessary to enter the competition.
- This competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom and the United States of America aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, its affiliated companies (including, without limitation, Penguin Books Limited, Dorling Kindersley Limited and Penguin Group LLC), their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
- Entries must be received by 23:59 on 31st July 2014 BST (the “Closing Date”). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
- Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
- To enter entrants must have registered for an account at roughguides.com and must comment on the relevant Community post at http://bit.ly/enterIstanbul with an answer to the question “Where was this photograph taken?”.
- All valid, eligible entries received by the Closing Date will be entered into a prize draw, which will take place on August 7 2014. The first entry drawn at random will be the winner.
- The prize for the winner is a trip to Turkey for two people. The prize includes the 5-day Gallipoli and Troy getaway, courtesy of Direct Traveller, which includes four nights' accommodation, daily breakfast, return airport transfers, air-conditioned transport, the services of a professional, English-speaking tour guide throughout, and entrance fees to sights as per the itinerary; and return flights from London Luton to Istanbul Ataturk airport courtesy of AtlasJet. All other arrangements including, without limitation, visas, transfers to and from London Luton and other travel documentation are to be paid upon arrival are not included and are the responsibility of the winner at their own expense. The prize must be taken between 1 November and 31 December 2014. All travelling dates and times are subject to availability. In the event that you cannot make these dates, no alternative dates will be possible and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to a substitute winner. The prize is subject to any rules imposed by AtlasJet and Direct Traveller and the Promoter shall have no liability to winner in the event that AtlasJet or Direct Traveller refuses the winner access to any prize due to a breach by winner of those rules.
- The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The prizes are non-transferrable and no cash alternative will be offered.
- Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified via email or post or phone by 15th August 2014. To be confirmed a winner, the selected entrant must claim their prize within 30 days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- To obtain details of the winner please email [email protected] stating the name of the competition in the subject heading 4 weeks after the closing date.
- The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the competition, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this competition, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this competition and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
- Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the competition, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
- By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is Rough Guides Limited 136 Tooley Street, London SE1 2TU.
- These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Book through Rough Guides’ trusted travel partners