Join our Twitter chat #RGtalk! One lucky participant will win a set of guidebooks: The Rough Guide Snapshot to the Great Lakes eBook guide and The Rough Guide to the USA.
Use #RGtalk to join in–and use the hashtag to tweet your questions about the Chicago area in advance, too!
Whether you are planning a high-energy sightseeing tour of Chicago, a night of fine dining, or a weekend getaway beyond the city limits, Rough Guides writer Max Grinnell can help. He’s got the inside scoop on where to go, what to do, and how to plan the Chicago-area vacation that is right for you.
Connect with fellow travelers and chime in with your own answers and advice. Retweet a recommendation or idea you think others will like. Just remember to always include #RGtalk so that your comment or question is included in the thread.
What is a Twitter chat, you ask? A Twitter chat is a group conversation on Twitter held at a designated time, about a designated topic, and threaded together by a common hashtag.
About author Max Grinnell
Max Grinnell has been wandering around Chicago since his first trip to the Windy City in 1983 at age 8. He saw Mr. T march in the Thanksgiving Day parade during that visit and was immediately sold on the city’s charms. Since then he has written about the city for the Chicago Tribune, Boston Globe, and the Guardian, and appeared on numerous radio and television programs to talk about the city’s architecture, history, art, and culture. Over the past fifteen years he’s found time to explore Door County, wander through Indiana’s Amish Country, and also make several pilgrimages to the Motor City.
Max is the author of the Great Lakes region for The Rough Guide to the USA. You can follow his travel adventures on Twitter @theurbanologist and on his website,theurbanologist.com.
Plan your trip with The Rough Guide Snapshot to the Great Lakes eBook guide, and join our Twitter chat for a chance to win!
Rough Guides Chicago Travel Tweetchat Sweepstakes – Official Sweepstakes Rules for Giveaways on Twitter:
1. No purchase is necessary to participate.
2.Entry is limited to Twitter users aged 18 and above who are residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia.
3. To enter, follow the official Rough Guides’ Twitter account @RoughGuides and retweet the specific tweet posted on January 23, 2014.
4. Winner selection is based upon a random drawing after the close of the sweepstakes. One winner will be chosen in a random drawing. Winner will be notified via a general Tweet announcement by Rough Guides. Winner must then allow Rough Guides to “follow” winner on Twitter so that Rough Guides can contact winner via a Direct Message (“DM”). If winner does not allow Rough Guides to follow him or her or enable the functionality to receive a DM within a one-week time period following the announcement, then Rough Guides will select another winner. After one week with no response from winner, Rough Guides will select a new winner. Via DM, Winner must provide Rough Guides with full contact details, including name and mailing address, in order to be awarded the prize. Subsequently, winner may “unfollow” Rough Guides at any time. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
5. Rough Guides is not responsible for late or misdirected entries or transmission errors.
6. One (1) winner will receive one (1) copy of: The Rough Guide Snapshot to the Great Lakes (Approximate Retail Value [“ARV”]: $2.99) and one (1) copy of The Rough Guide to the USA (ARV: $28.99). Total ARV of prize: $32.
7. The prize will be shipped at no cost to the winner.
8. No association or business relationship is claimed with Twitter, Inc.
9. Entry information collected by Rough Guides will not be used for any purpose other than administering Rough Guides promotions on Twitter.
10. Entry limited to one entry per sweepstakes offer per Twitter user. Void where prohibited by law.
11. Sponsor: Rough Guides, an imprint of Penguin Group (USA), LLC, 345 Hudson Street, New York, NY 10014, [email protected]
Top image © Rudy Balasko/Shutterstock