On a recent over-landing trip through Africa, one Rough Guides reader made this beautiful video – inspired by our Make the Most of Your Time on Earth ultimate experiences book:
Now, he's shared a selection of stunning photos from his trip across Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, and South Africa.
1. White rhinos fight for territory, Khama Rhino Sanctuary, Botswana
2. Local canoe polers play waterpolo with tourists in the Okavango Delta, Botswana
3. As the sun sets, a mokoro poler looks out for hippos emerging from waters of the Okavango Delta, Botswana
4. An elephant skeleton on the banks of the Okavango Delta, Botswana
5. A mother elephants walks with her baby in the Kalahari Desert, central Botswana
6. Victoria Falls on the border of Zambia and Zimbabwe
7. A vulture looks for fresh kills over the plains of the Chobe National Park, Botswana
8. Children pose for a photos in Blouberg, a small township in South Africa
9. Zebra, Kruger National Park, South Africa
10. Hippos, Kruger National Park, South Africa
11. A baby bushbuck, Kruger National Park, South Africa
12. The Blyde River Canyon, South Africa
All photographs courtesy of Rod Gotfried. You can see more of Rod's photography on his website and Facebook page.
Book hostels for your trip and don't forget to purchase travel insurance before you go.