Iglesia de la Merced
Three blocks south of the Parque Central is another colonial church, the Iglesia de la Merced. Built between 1550 and 1558 (though its facade dates only to the early eighteenth century), this was the city’s original cathedral, holding the Reloj Arabe until 1715, when the new cathedral was consecrated. In front of the church is the very pretty Plaza La Merced.
Travel offers; book through Rough Guides