Last week we asked on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram why you love to travel. You hit back with some pretty interesting, inspirational and, in some cases, downright beautiful reasons.
Whether you love travel for the adventure, the education or the food, you'll certainly be able to relate to a few of these. Here are 25 of our favourites – feel free to share why you love to travel in the comments below.
2. I love to travel because there is always something new to taste. – by @devourmalaga on Twitter
3. I love to travel because the souls you meet along the way leave an imprint on you and your own personal growth. You see things in awe, and make memories. – by Lee Morgan on Facebook
5. I love to travel because every turn makes a new memory. – by wanderingangel67 in Instagram
6. I love to travel because it makes me appreciate my blessings, especially the gift of health. – by Judise Gonzales on Facebook
8. I love to travel because it allows us to see life through a unique lens and challenge our conceptions of conventional. – by nathanthoen on Instagram
9. I love to travel because it gives a sense of adventure and freedom. It allows us to get away from "normal" life, experience other cultures, to get to know places we have only seen in movies. We get to try new food and meet new people. – Aleksandra Ka on Facebook
11. I love to travel because I love to dream. – by @Mark_Selleck on Twitter
12. I love to travel because I want to know more than what I can read. – by Mary Faith Phillips on Facebook
14. I love to travel because it opens my eyes to this glowing world and restores hope where humanity causes doubt. – by @robynjbell on Twitter
15. I love to travel because it gives you the freedom to be yourself. – by Jo Swabey on Facebook
17. I love to travel because humans are meant to be explorers. – by Rebeccaarosenthal on Instagram
18. I love to travel because it opens your eyes to ways of life you would never know. – by Andrew Mcdiarmid on Facebook
20. I love to travel because it allows me to learn and to love other cultures, marvel at beautiful landscapes, and value what I have. – by Sonia Teruel on Facebook
21. I love to travel because it makes me free. – by Angelica Agront on Facebook
23. I love to travel because learned more about life from travelling than all my years in school. – by Vincent Lim Sui-leong on Facebook
25. I love to travel because it opens my eyes, gladdens my heart, sharpens my mind, tires my feet, lightens my wallet and brightens my life. – by Ramya Tirumalai on Facebook
Top image © Margarita Morales Macedo/Shutterstock
Get more travel inspiration in our travel features section. Compare flights, find tours, book hostels and hotels for your trip, and don’t forget to purchase travel insurance before you go.