Rough Guides Visit Scotland readers’ vote 2018 terms & conditions
1. No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw.
2. This competition is open to residents of the UK, Republic of Ireland, South Africa, India, Australia, New Zealand, Canada (excluding Québec) and the USA aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter (Rough Guides) and Visit Scotland, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
3. This prize draw is not open to employees of the Promoter or Visit Scotland, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion. Entries from those age 13 or under must be accompanied by written permission from a parent/guardian or with their written consent.
4. Entries must be received by 23:59 GMT on Thursday April 12th 2018. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter.
5. Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
6. To enter, complete the form on the prize draw page [https://www.roughguides.com/article/the-most-beautiful-regions-in-scotland-vote-now] in full.
7. All correctly completed entries will be entered into a prize draw, which will take place on April 16th 2018.
8. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
9. The winner will be notified via email by April 30th 2018. The winner must claim their prize by May 30th 2018. If a prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
10. To obtain details of the winner, please email [email protected] stating the name of the prize draw in the subject heading 4 weeks after the closing date.
11. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
12. The winner agrees to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
13. By entering this prize draw each entrant confirms that his/her entry is their wholly owned creation and to the extent that such entry makes use of any third-party materials that these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights. Entrants will keep the Promoter harmless from any claims in relation to their entry that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person. By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to the Promoter a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence use, broadcast, publish and otherwise use the entrant’s name, statements regarding this prize draw, image, photograph, video, voice and/or likeness taken on their prize tour for advertising, promotional and/or any other purpose in any and all media now or hereafter devised worldwide in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
14. Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
15. By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. The Promoter is Rough Guides Limited, 136 Tooley Street, London SE1 2TU.
17. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
The prize for the winner and one guest is a trip to the destination that receives the most votes in the readers’ poll. The winner and their travel companion will receive travel to Scotland (or travel allowance) as part of the prize, as agreed by VisitScotland and subject to booking availability. If the winner is from overseas, travel will be in the form of an economy class return flight to Scotland. The departure point, dates and airline will be chosen by VisitScotland and restrictions may apply. Where the winner is a resident of the UK, or does not require return flights/rail travel to Scotland in order to take up the prize for any other reason, £100 travel allowance will be provided. Once in Scotland, travel to the winning region will be included by train or plane (depending on the winning destination). Accommodation on a bed and breakfast basis will be provided for four nights and the cost of entry to two attractions covered.
Book through Rough Guides’ trusted travel partners