Terms & Conditions – Round the World trip
Rough Guides Round the World Trip Competition
1. No purchase necessary to enter the competition. Void where prohibited by law.
2. This competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom or continental United States of America, aged 16 years or over. Employees of Promoter, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates or other parties, including but not limited to Dorling Kindersley Ltd., Penguin Books Ltd., and Penguin Group (USA) Inc., in any way involved in the development, production, or distribution of this competition, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee and/or authors, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
3. Entries must be received 11:59 pm G.M.T. on Friday 22 February 2013 (the “Closing Date”). The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry will be the computer servers of the Promoter. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
4. To enter the competition, you must you must sign up to the new Rough Guides website at http://roughguides.com/community/register/, visit our competition article http://roughguides.com/article/win-a-round-the-world-trip-and-an-ipad/ and comment with up to 100 words on the topic “the place that changed me”.
5. A member of the Rough Guides editorial team will chose one winner, who will be the entrant that has submitted the best entry in terms of writing style, flair and story told.
6. The prize for the winner is flights and accommodation for a round-the-world trip for two people to a maximum value of £4,000 courtesy of North-South Travel Limited, an iPad and the chance to submit a written blog from your trip on roughguides.com (subject to the site editor’s discretion). All travel must take place before 28 June 2013 and is subject to availability. Any other travel, accomodation, food and drink and other items not specified in the prize package must be arranged by the winner at their own expense. The winner and their chosen companion are responsible at their own expense for ensuring they have obtained all necessary visas, valid passports and travel insurance to the destinations and are fit for travel. The prize is subject to the terms and conditions of North South Travel and Promoter shall not be liable for the winner or their companion if they are refused flights or accomodation for any reason.
7. The prize is strictly non-transferable. The prize is not redeemable for cash or exchange. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
8. By entering this competition each entrant confirms that his/her entry is their wholly-owned creation and to the extent that such entry makes use of any third party materials that these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights. Entrants will keep the Promoter harmless from any claims in relation to their entry that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person. By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to the Promoter a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to edit, publish, translate, modify, adapt, make available and distribute the entry throughout the world in any media now known or hereafter invented. Each entrant undertakes to complete any necessary documentation to formalise the licence. If you do not want to grant us these rights, please do not submit materials to us.
9. The winner will be notified via email or post or phone within 14 days of the relevant Closing Date. If a selected entrant does not claim their prize within 30 days of being notified, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
10. To obtain details of the winner please email [email protected] stating the name of the competition in the subject heading four weeks after the closing date.
11. The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this prize competition, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize competition and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
12. The winner agrees to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their name and likeness in such publicity.
13. By entering the prize competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
14. This promotion is governed by the laws of England and Wales and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
15. The Promoter is The Rough Guides Limited, 136 Tooley Street, London SE1 2TU, United Kingdom.
Book through Rough Guides’ trusted travel partners