The Rough Guide to Sweden
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
World-renowned ‘tell it like it is’ travel guide.
Discover Sweden with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. Whether you plan to swim in one of Sweden’s 100,000 lakes, explore the cobbled lanes and medieval church ruins of Visby or relax in a traditional Swedish sauna, the Rough Guide to Sweden will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
Features of this travel guide to Sweden:
– Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
– Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to Sweden
– Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Uppsala, Karlstad and many more locations without needing to get online
– Fabulous full-colour photography: features inspirational colour photography, including the enchanting Bohuslän coast with smooth rocky outcrops perfect for sunbathing and the medieval magnificence of Kalmar Slott
– Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
– Things not to miss: Rough Guides’ rundown of Lund Domkyrkan, Birka, Gotland beaches and Inlandsbanan’s best sights and top experiences
– Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
– Background information: comprehensive ‘Contexts’ chapter provides fascinating insights into Sweden, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
– Covers: Stockholm; day-trips from Stockholm; Gothenburg; the southwest; the southeast; the Bothnian coast; central Sweden; Swedish Lapland
You may also be interested in: The Rough Guide to Norway, The Rough Guide to Denmark, Pocket Rough Guide to Copenhagen
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy ‘tell it like it is’ ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.
Book Your Trip To Sweden
Get your dream travel planned & booked by local travel experts
At Rough Guides, we understand that experienced travellers want to get truly off-the-beaten-track. That’s why we’ve partnered with local experts to help you plan and book tailor-made trips that are packed with personality and stimulating adventure - at all levels of comfort. If you love planning, but find arranging the logistics exhausting, you’re in the right place.Learn Morechevron_right