Discover Sri Lanka with the most incisive and entertaining guidebook on the market. Whether you plan to explore the ancient ruins of Sigiriya, wander amid Ella’s verdant tea plantations or explore the cave temples of Dambulla, The Rough Guide to Sri Lanka will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink, shop and visit along the way.
– Independent, trusted reviews – written with Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, to help you get the most out of your visit, with options to suit every budget.
– Full-colour chapter maps throughout – to find your way amid Colombo’s bustling bazaars or the museums and temples in Kandy without needing to get online.
– Stunning images – a rich collection of inspiring colour photography.
Things not to miss – Rough Guides’ rundown of the best sights and experiences in Sri Lanka.
– Itineraries – carefully planned routes to help you organize your trip.
– Detailed coverage – this travel guide has in-depth practical advice for every step of the way.
Areas covered include: Colombo, Kandy, Ella, Galle, Sigiriya, Mirissa, Arugam Bay, Kataragama, Weligama, Horton Plains, Jaffna, Dambulla. Attractions include: Adam’s Peak, Temple of the Tooth, Yala National Park, World’s End, Anuradhapura, The Pettah.
– Basics – essential pre-departure practical information including getting there, local transport, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, outdoor activities, national parks, culture, shopping, travelling with children and more.
– Background information – a Contexts chapter devoted to history, Sri Lankan Buddhism, Buddhist art and architecture, wildlife, tea and books, as well as a helpful language section and glossary.
About Rough Guides : Escape the everyday with Rough Guides. We are a leading travel publisher known for our “tell it like it is” attitude, up-to-date content and great writing. Since 1982, we’ve published books covering more than 120 destinations around the globe, with an ever-growing series of ebooks, a range of beautiful, inspirational reference titles, and an award-winning website. We pride ourselves on our accurate, honest and informed travel guides.
Book Your Trip To Sri Lanka
Get your dream travel planned & booked by local travel experts
At Rough Guides, we understand that experienced travellers want to get truly off-the-beaten-track. That’s why we’ve partnered with local experts to help you plan and book tailor-made trips that are packed with personality and stimulating adventure - at all levels of comfort. If you love planning, but find arranging the logistics exhausting, you’re in the right place.Learn Morechevron_right