One of the world’s most exciting destinations, South India and Kerala offers majestic temples, exotic wildlife, spectacular festivals and thousands of kilometres of tropical coastline. Written by Rough Guides’ team of India experts, this brand-new Rough Guide offers the best blend of critical reviews, in-depth background and tell-it-like it is advice on everything from yoga retreats and beaches to spotting wild tigers and elephants.
Also inside The Rough Guide to South India and Kerala:
– Get inspired with our trademark “things not to miss” and “author picks” by local experts
– Learn how to book a train ticket, what to eat and cultural tips in our travel basics section.
– Read features on trekking in the Cardamom Hills, discovering the sacred sites of Tamil Nadu or exploring the lazy backwaters of Kerala
– Find your way across every inch of South India with full-colour maps and easy-to-follow city and temple plans
– Read the most detailed background on South Indian history, architecture and wildlife in contexts
– Try speaking Tamil, Telugu or Malayalam with our handy language section
Includes Goa, Kerala, Mumbai, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and the Andaman Islands.
Make the most of your trip with The Rough Guide to South India and Kerala.
Book Your Trip To India
Get your dream travel planned & booked by local travel experts
At Rough Guides, we understand that experienced travellers want to get truly off-the-beaten-track. That’s why we’ve partnered with local experts to help you plan and book tailor-made trips that are packed with personality and stimulating adventure - at all levels of comfort. If you love planning, but find arranging the logistics exhausting, you’re in the right place.Learn Morechevron_right