The Rough Guide to Portugal
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
World-renowned ‘tell it like it is’ travel guide.
Discover Portugal with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. Whether you plan to explore the colourful Porto riverfront, visit some of the many medieval houses in the fortified hilltop village of Monsaraz or witness one of the greatest achievements of Portuguese architecture: the Mosteiro da Batalha, The Rough Guide to Portugal will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
Features of this travel guide to Portugal:
– Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
– Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to Portugal
– Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Lisbon, Porto and many more locations without needing to get online
– Fabulous full-colour photography: features inspirational colour photography, including the breathtaking Sao Jorge Castle and the intricate Mosteiro dos Jeronimos
– Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
– Things not to miss: Rough Guides’ rundown of the Algarve, Obidos, and Alfama’s best sights and top experiences
– Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
– Background information: comprehensive ‘Contexts’ chapter provides fascinating insights into Portugal, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
– Covers: Lisbon and around; Estremadura and Ribatejo; Coimbra and the Beira Litoral; Beria Alta and Beira Baixa; Porto and the Rio Douro; The Minho; Tras-os-Montes; Alentejo; The Algarve
You may also be interested in: Pocket Rough Guide Lisbon, The Rough Guide to Spain, The Rough Guide to Morocco
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy ‘tell it like it is’ ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.
Book Your Trip To Portugal
Get your dream travel planned & booked by local travel experts
At Rough Guides, we understand that experienced travellers want to get truly off-the-beaten-track. That’s why we’ve partnered with local experts to help you plan and book tailor-made trips that are packed with personality and stimulating adventure - at all levels of comfort. If you love planning, but find arranging the logistics exhausting, you’re in the right place.Learn Morechevron_right