World-renowned ‘tell it like it is’ guidebook
Discover Italy with this comprehensive, entertaining, ‘tell it like it is’ Rough Guide, packed with comprehensive practical information and our experts’ honest and independent recommendations.
Whether you plan to check out aperitivo joints, take a boat cruise, wander through ancient ruins or explore local neighbourhoods, The Rough Guide to Italy will help you discover the best places to explore, sleep, eat, drink and shop along the way.
Features of The Rough Guide to Italy:
– Detailed regional coverage: provides in-depth practical information for each step of all kinds of trip, from intrepid off-the-beaten-track adventures, to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas. Regions covered include: Rome and Lazio, Piemonte and Valle d’Aosta, Liguria, Lobardy and the Lakes, Trentino-Alto Adige, Venice & the Veneto, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Emilia-Romagna, Tuscany, Umbria, Le Marche, Abruzzo and Molise, Campania, Puglia, Basilicata and Calabria, Sicily and Sardinia.
– Honest independent reviews: written with Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, and recommendations you can truly trust, our writers will help you get the most from your trip to Italy.
– Meticulous mapping: always full-colour, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Rome, Sardinia and many more locations without needing to get online
– Fabulous full-colour photography: features a richness of inspirational colour photography, including the grandeur of Tivoli’s Villa d’Este and the vibrancy of Bologna’s markets
– Things not to miss: Rough Guides’ rundown of Sicily, Venice, Puglia and Lombardy’s best sights and top experiences
– Itineraries: carefully planned routes will help you organise your trip, and inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
– Basics section: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting there, getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
– Background information: comprehensive Contexts chapter provides fascinating insights into Italy, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
– Covers: Rome and Lazio, Piemonte and Valle d’Aosta, Liguria, Lobardy and the Lakes, Trentino-Alto Adige, Venice & the Veneto, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Emilia-Romagna, Tuscany, Umbria, Le Marche, Abruzzo and Molise, Campania, Puglia, Basilicata and Calabria, Sicily and Sardinia
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy ‘tell it like it is’ ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.
Book Your Trip To Italy
Get your dream travel planned & booked by local travel experts
At Rough Guides, we understand that experienced travellers want to get truly off-the-beaten-track. That’s why we’ve partnered with local experts to help you plan and book tailor-made trips that are packed with personality and stimulating adventure - at all levels of comfort. If you love planning, but find arranging the logistics exhausting, you’re in the right place.Learn Morechevron_right