Discover ancient history and blissful beaches with the most clued-up and entertaining guidebook on the market. Whether you plan to join in the Easter celebrations, kick-back on the idyllic island of Santoríni or explore the awe-inspiring ruins at Delphi, The Rough Guide to Greece will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink, shop and visit along the way.
– Independent, trusted reviews written with Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, to help you get the most out of your visit, with options to suit every budget.
– Full-colour maps throughout – navigate Athens’ bazaar area or plan your island-hopping route without needing to get online.
– Stunning images – a rich collection of inspiring colour photography
– Things not to miss – Rough Guides’ rundown of Greece’s best sights and experiences.
– Itineraries – carefully planned routes to help you organize your trip.
– Areas covered include: Athens, the Peloponnese, the Pelion peninsula, the Píndhos Mountains, Thessaloníki, Mount Olympus, Macedonia, the Argo-Saronic Islands, the Cyclades, Crete, the Dodecanese, the East and North Aegean islands, the Sporades and Évvia, the Ionian Islands.
– Attractions include: the Acropolis, the Parthenon, Tower of the Winds, Temple of Poseidon, Stavros Niarchos Cultural Centre, National Archeological Museum, Mycenae, Epidaurus, Olympia, Delphi, the Metéora, Víkos Gorge, Mount Olympus, Préspa lakes, Mount Athos, Temple of Aphaea, Delos, Caldera of Santoríni, Knossós, Samariá Gorge, Lindos Acropolis, National Marine Park of Alónissos-Northern Sporades, and more.
– Basics – essential pre-departure practical information including getting there, local transport, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more.
– Background information – a Contexts chapter devoted to history, archeology, wildlife, music and books, plus a handy language section and glossary.
Book Your Trip To Greece
Get your dream travel planned & booked by local travel experts
At Rough Guides, we understand that experienced travellers want to get truly off-the-beaten-track. That’s why we’ve partnered with local experts to help you plan and book tailor-made trips that are packed with personality and stimulating adventure - at all levels of comfort. If you love planning, but find arranging the logistics exhausting, you’re in the right place.Learn Morechevron_right