Discover this exciting country with the most incisive and entertaining guidebook on the market. Whether you plan to experience the buzz of reborn Medellín, learn salsa in Cali or go diving in gorgeous Providencia, The Rough Guide to Colombia will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat,drink, shop and visit along the way.
– Independent, trusted reviews written with Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, to help you get the most out of your visit, with options to suit every budget.
– Full-colour maps throughout – navigate the barrios of Bogotá or Cartagena’s atmospheric Centro Histórico without needing to get online.
– Stunning images – a rich collection of inspiring colour photography.
– Things not to miss – Rough Guides’ rundown of Colombia’s best sights and experiences.
– Itineraries – carefully planned routes to help you organize your trip.
– Detailed regional coverage – whether off the beaten track or in more mainstream tourist destinations, this travel guide has in-depth practical advice for every step of the way.
Areas covered include: Bogotá and around; the Caribbean coast; San Andrés and Providencia; Medellín and the Zona Cafetera; Cali and the southwest; the Pacific coast’ Los Llanos and Amazonas.
Attractions include: the colonial churches of Popayán; Parque Nacional Natural LosNevados; Bogotá’s museums; adventure sports in San Gil; the tombs of Tierrandentro; Johnny Cay; Villa de Levya; the statues of San Agustín; Parque Nacional Natural Tayrona; Cartagena’s Old Town; Zipaquíra Salt Cathedral; salsa in Cali; and Mompox.
Basics – essential pre-departure practical information including getting there, local transport, accommodation, food and drink, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, health, culture and etiquette, shopping, travelling with children and more.
Background information – a Contexts chapter devoted to history, nature, music, religion and recommended books, plus a Spanish language section and glossary.
Make the Most of Your Time on Earth with The Rough Guide to Colombia
About Rough Guides: Escape the everyday with Rough Guides. We are a leading travel publisher known for our “tell it like it is” attitude, up-to-date content and great writing. Since 1982, we’ve published books covering more than 120 destinations around the globe, with an ever-growing series of ebooks, a range of beautiful, inspirational reference titles, and an award-winning website. We pride ourselves on our accurate, honest and informed travel guides.
Book Your Trip To Colombia
Get your dream travel planned & booked by local travel experts
At Rough Guides, we understand that experienced travellers want to get truly off-the-beaten-track. That’s why we’ve partnered with local experts to help you plan and book tailor-made trips that are packed with personality and stimulating adventure - at all levels of comfort. If you love planning, but find arranging the logistics exhausting, you’re in the right place.Learn Morechevron_right