Discover these culture-rich destinations with the most incisive and entertaining guidebook on the market. Whether you plan to go on the beer crawl to end them all, a devoted art pilgrimage – think Ghent’s medieval masterpieces and the Magritte connection in Brussels – or an exploration of the Ardennes’ wildest reaches, The Rough Guide to Belgium & Luxembourg will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink, shop and visit along the way.
Inside The Rough Guide Belgium and Luxembourg
– Independent, trusted reviews written with Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, to help you get the most out of your visit, with options to suit every budget.
– Full-colour maps throughout – navigate the backstreets of Brussels or the war sites of the Ypres Salient without needing to get online.
– Stunning images – a rich collection of inspiring colour photography.
– Things not to miss – Rough Guides’ rundown of Belgium and Luxembourg’s best sights and experiences.
– Itineraries – carefully planned routes to help you organize your trip.
– Detailed regional coverage – whether off the beaten track or in more mainstream tourist destinations, this travel guide has in-depth practical advice for every step of the way. Areas covered include: Brussels; Flanders; Antwerp and the northeast of Belgium; Hainaut and Wallonian Brabant; the Ardennes; and Luxembourg. Attractions include: Ostend beach; Pairi Daiza zoo and gardens; the Menin Gate, Ieper; Vianden Castle, Luxembourg; Musée Hergé, Louvain-la-Neuve; MAS Museum, Antwerp; and Bouillon castle.
– Basics – essential pre-departure practical information including getting there, local transport, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, entry requirements and more.
– Background information – a Contexts chapter devoted to history, books and Belgian art, plus a handy language section and glossary.
Book Your Trip To Belgium
Get your dream travel planned & booked by local travel experts
At Rough Guides, we understand that experienced travellers want to get truly off-the-beaten-track. That’s why we’ve partnered with local experts to help you plan and book tailor-made trips that are packed with personality and stimulating adventure - at all levels of comfort. If you love planning, but find arranging the logistics exhausting, you’re in the right place.Learn Morechevron_right