Enjoy the ultimate city break with the most incisive and entertaining guidebook on the market. Whether you plan on exploring the Sagrada Família, hitting the tapas trail in La Ribera or chilling out on one of the city’s glorious beaches, this new edition of The Rough Guide to Barcelona will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink, shop and visit along the way.
Inside The Rough Guide to Barcelona
– Independent, trusted reviews written with Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, to help you get the most out of your visit.
– Full-colour maps throughout and a handy city plan – navigate the back alleys of the Barri Gòtic or the Eixample’s grid of modernista buildings without needing to get online.
– Stunning, inspirational images – a rich collection of inspiring colour photography.
– Things not to miss – Rough Guides’ rundown of Barcelona’s best sights and experiences.
– Itineraries – carefully planned routes to help you organize your trip.
– Detailed city coverage – whether visiting the big sights or venturing off the tourist trail, this travel guide has in-depth practical advice for every step of the way. Areas covered include: the Ramblas, the Barri Gòtic, El Raval, Sant Pere, La Ribera, Ciutadella, Barceloneta, Port Olímpic, Port Vell, Montjuïc, Dreta de l’Eixample, Esquerra de l’Exiample. Glòries, Gràcia, Parc Güel, Horta, Les Corts, Pedralbes, Sarrià-Sant Gervasi, Tibidabo, Pacr de Collserola. Attractions include: Sagrada Família, Casa Batlló, La Pedrera, Fundació Joan Miró, La Seu, Transbordador Aeri, La Bouqeria, Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya (MNAC), Museu Picasso, Museu d’Art Contemporani de Barcelona (MACBA), Camp Nou.
– Listings – honest and insightful reviews of all the best places to stay, eat, drink and shop, with options to suit every budget, along with the latest on Barcelona’s clubs, live-music venues, theatres, galleries and LGBT scene, plus in-depth sections on the city’s sports and outdoor activities, festivals and events, and children’s attractions.
– Basics – essential pre-departure practical information including getting there, local transport, the media; tourist information; entry requirements and more
– Background information – a Contexts chapter devoted to history and books and with a handy language section covering Castilian (Spanish) and Catalan.
Book Your Trip To Spain
Get your dream travel planned & booked by local travel experts
At Rough Guides, we understand that experienced travellers want to get truly off-the-beaten-track. That’s why we’ve partnered with local experts to help you plan and book tailor-made trips that are packed with personality and stimulating adventure - at all levels of comfort. If you love planning, but find arranging the logistics exhausting, you’re in the right place.Learn Morechevron_right