Discover these exciting volcanic islands with the most incisive and entertaining travel guide on the market. Whether you plan to explore the backstreets of Santa Cruz, relax on a black-sand beachor hike in the shadow of Mount Teide, Pocket Rough Guide Tenerife & La Gomera will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink, shop and visit along the way.
– Perfect for short trips – compact and concise, with all the practical info you’ll need for a few days’ stay.
– Things not to miss – our rundown of Tenerife and La Gomera’s unmissable sights and experiences.
– Itineraries – carefully planned routes to help you organize your visit.
– Independent, trusted reviews – written with Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, with options to suit every budget. – Stunning images – a rich collection of inspiring colour photography.
– Detailed island coverage – whether visiting the big sights or venturing off the tourist trail, this travel guide has in-depth practical advice for every step of the way. Chapters cover each area in depth, with all the sights and the best of the nearby shops, cafes, restaurants, bars and clubs.
Areas covered include: Santa Cruz; La Laguna; the Anaga; Candelaria and Guimar; Puerto de la Cruz; La Orotava; Garachico; the Teno; the west coast; the southwest resorts; the south coast; Teide; the interior; San Sebastian and Playa de Santiago; Valle Gran Rey; northern La Gomera. Attractions covered include: Barranco del Infierno; Costa Martianez; Teide National Park; Parque Garcia Sanabria; Icod de los Vinos; El Sauzal; Acantilados de Los Gigantes; El Encantadora.
-Accommodation – our unbiased selection of the top places to stay, to suit every budget.
– Essentials – crucial pre-departure practical information including getting there, local transport, leisure and sports, health, tourist information, festivals, events and more.
– Background information – an easy-to-use chronology, plus a handy Spanish language section.
About Rough Guides : Escape the everyday with Rough Guides. We are a leading travel publisher known for our “tell it like it is” attitude, up-to-date content and great writing. Since 1982, we’ve published books covering more than 120 destinations around the globe, with an ever-growing series of ebooks, a range of beautiful, inspirational reference titles, and an award-winning website. We pride ourselves on our accurate, honest and informed travel guides.
Book Your Trip To Spain
Get your dream travel planned & booked by local travel experts
At Rough Guides, we understand that experienced travellers want to get truly off-the-beaten-track. That’s why we’ve partnered with local experts to help you plan and book tailor-made trips that are packed with personality and stimulating adventure - at all levels of comfort. If you love planning, but find arranging the logistics exhausting, you’re in the right place.Learn Morechevron_right