The most entertaining and informative pocket guides for short-trip travellers
Discover the best of Paris with this compact, practical, entertaining Pocket Rough Guide.
This slim, trim treasure trove of trustworthy travel information is ideal for short-trip travellers and covers all the key sights (Notre-Dame, Eiffel Tower, Louvre), restaurants, shops, cafés and bars, plus inspired ideas for day-trips, with honest and independent recommendations from expert authors.
Features of Pocket Rough Guide Paris:
– Practical travel tips: what to see and where to sleep, eat, drink and shop – Pocket Rough Guide Paris features specially selected recommendations to suit all tastes and budgets.
– Honest independent reviews: written with Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our expert writers will help you make the most of your trip to Paris.
– Incisive area-by-area overviews: covering the Louvre, the Champs-Elysées and Tuileries, Montmartre and northern Paris and more, the practical Places section provides all you need to know about must-see sights and the best places to eat, drink, sleep and shop.
– Time-saving itineraries: the routes suggested by Rough Guides’ expert writers cover top attractions like Musée Rodin and Parc Rives de Seine, and hidden gems like Haut Marais and La Cinematheque Francaise.
– Day-trips – venture further afield to Versailles or Chantilly. This tells you why to go, how to get there, and what to see when you arrive.
– Compact format: packed with pertinent practical information, this guide is the perfect companion when you’re out and about exploring Paris’s Eiffel Tower and surrounding area.
– Attractive user-friendly design: features fresh magazine-style layout, inspirational colour photography and colour-coded maps throughout.
– Essentials: includes invaluable background information on how to get to Paris, getting around, health, tourist information, festivals and events, plus an A-Z directory and handy language section and glossary.
– Covers: The Islands, Louvre, Champs-Elysées and Tuileries, Eiffel Tower area, Grands Boulevards and passages, Beaubourg and Les Halles, Marais, Bastille and Bercy, Quartier Latin, St-Germain, Montparnasse and Southern Paris, Montmartre and northern Paris, Northeastern Paris, Bois De Boulogne and Western Paris.
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy ‘tell it like it is’ ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.
Book Your Trip To France
Get your dream travel planned & booked by local travel experts
At Rough Guides, we understand that experienced travellers want to get truly off-the-beaten-track. That’s why we’ve partnered with local experts to help you plan and book tailor-made trips that are packed with personality and stimulating adventure - at all levels of comfort. If you love planning, but find arranging the logistics exhausting, you’re in the right place.Learn Morechevron_right