Discover these sun-drenched islands with the most incisive and entertaining travel guide on the market. You can take this handy, pocket-sized book out with you anywhere, any time. Whether you plan to explore Malta’s record number of World Heritage Sites, relax on the burnished sands of Gozo’s Ramla Bay or swim in the crystal-clear waters of the Blue Lagoon on tiny Comino, Pocket Rough Guide Malta and Gozo will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink, shop and visit along the way.
-Perfect for short trips – compact and concise, with all the practical info you’ll need for a few days’ stay.
– Free pull-out map, as well as full-colour maps throughout – navigate Valletta’s tight grid of streets or Gozo’s bays and gorges without going online.
– Itineraries – carefully planned days and weekends to make the most of your trip.
– Independent, trusted reviews written with Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, with options to suit every budget.
-Stunning images – a rich collection of inspiring colour photography.
– Detailed island coverage – whether visiting the big sights or venturing off the tourist trail, this travel guide has in-depth practical advice for every step of the way. Chapters cover each neighbourhood in depth, with all the sights and the best of the nearby shops, cafes, restaurants, bars and clubs.
Areas covered include: Valletta; Floriana; The Three Cities, Vittoriosa, Senglea and Cospicua; Sliema and St Julian’s; Mdina and Rabat; Central Malta (Attard, Balzan, Lija, Naxxar, Mosta); The North (Bugibba, St Paul’s Bay, Mistra Bay, Mellieha, Mellieha Bay, Paradise Bay); The South (Zetjun, Marsaxlokk, Tarxien, Wied Iz-Zurrieq); Gozo; Comino.
Attractions include: Hal Salfieni Hypogeum; The Grand Master’s Palace, Valletta; Hagar Qim Temple and Interpretation Centre; St Paul’s Catacombs, Rabat; The Blue Lagoon, Comino; The Blue Grotto; Dwejra, Gozo (The Inland Sea, Fungus Rock, once home to the Azure Window); Sliema-St Julian’s Promenade; Fort St Elmo and the National War Museum; St. John’s Co-Cathedral and Museum; Marsaxlokk Fish Market.
– Day-trips- venture beyond Malta to the neighbouring islands of Gozo and Comino.
-Accommodation – our unbiased selection of the top places to stay, to suit every budget.
– Essentials – crucial pre-departure practical information including getting there, local transport, health, tourist information, festivals and events, and more.
– Background information – an easy-to-use chronology, plus a handy language section and glossary.
Book your trip with Rough Guides
Tailor-made travel planned by local experts
At Rough Guides, we understand that experienced travellers want to get truly off-the-beaten-track. That’s why we’ve partnered with local experts to help you plan and book tailor-made trips that are packed with personality and stimulating adventure - at all levels of comfort. If you love planning, but find arranging the logistics exhausting, you’re in the right place.Learn Morechevron_right