Discover this exciting city with the most incisive and entertaining guidebook on the market. Whether you plan to admire masterpieces in the Prado, bar-crawl through the Rastro or watch a game at the Bernabéu, this new edition of Pocket Rough Guide Madrid will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink and shop along the way.
Inside Pocket Rough Guide Madrid
– Independent, trusted reviews written in Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, to help you get the most out of your visit.
– Full-colour maps and a free pull-out map – navigate the backstreets of Madrid de los Asturias or work your way down monumental Gran Vía without needing to get online.
– Stunning, inspirational image.
– Things not to miss – Rough Guides’ rundown of Madrid’s best sights and experiences.
– Itineraries – carefully planned days to help you organize your visit.
– Detailed city coverage – whether ticking off the big sights or getting off the tourist trail, this travel guide has in-depth practical advice for every step of the way.
Areas covered include: Madrid de los Asturias; Palacio Real; Ópera; Rastro; Lavapiés; Embajadores; Sol; Santa Ana; Huertas; Paseo del Arte; Retiro; Gran Vía; Chueca; Malasaña; Salamanca; Paseo de la Castellana; Plaza de España. Attractions include: Museo del Prado; Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza; Museo Reina Sofía; Palacio Real; Estadio Santiago Bernabéu; Real Fábrica de Tapices; the Retiro; Parque de Atracciones.
– Day-trips – venture further afield to Toledo, Segovia, El Escorial, Aranjuez or Chinchón.
– Accommodation – the best places to stay, to suit every budget.
– Essentials – crucial pre-departure practical information including getting there, local transport, health, tourist information, festivals and events, and more.
– Background information – an easy-to-use chronology, plus a handy language section and glossary. Make the Most of Your Time on Earth with Pocket Rough Guide Madrid
About Rough Guides: Escape the everyday with Rough Guides. We are a leading travel publisher known for our “tell it like it is” attitude, up-to-date content and great writing. Since 1982, we’ve published books covering more than 120 destinations around the globe, with an ever-growing series of ebooks, a range of beautiful, inspirational reference titles, and an award-winning website. We pride ourselves on our accurate, honest and informed travel guides.
Book Your Trip To Spain
Get your dream travel planned & booked by local travel experts
At Rough Guides, we understand that experienced travellers want to get truly off-the-beaten-track. That’s why we’ve partnered with local experts to help you plan and book tailor-made trips that are packed with personality and stimulating adventure - at all levels of comfort. If you love planning, but find arranging the logistics exhausting, you’re in the right place.Learn Morechevron_right