Discover Berlin with the most incisive and in-the-know guidebook on the market. Whether you plan to meander across Museum Island, admire the view from the Fernsehturm followed by cutting-edge art at Hamburger Bahnhof, or simply join the locals for Kaffee und Kuchen, Pocket Rough Guide Berlin will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink and shop along the way.
Inside Pocket Rough Guide Berlin
– Independent, trusted reviews written in Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, to help you get the most out of your visit, with options to suit every budget.
– Full-colour maps and a free pull-out map – navigate the dense heart of the Mitte or the winding paths of the Tiergarten without needing to get online.
– Stunning, inspirational images
– Things not to miss – the Rough Guides rundown of Berlin’s unmissable sights and experiences.
– Itineraries – six carefully planned routes to help you see the best of the city when time is short.
– Detailed coverage – Places chapters cover each neighbourhood in depth, with all the sights and all the best of the nearby shops cafés, restaurants, bars, clubs. Areas covered include: Spandauer Vorstadt; Museum Island; Under den Linden; Alexanderplatz and the Nikolaiviertel; Potsadmer Platz and Tiergarten; Prenzlauer Berg and Wedding; Friedrichshain; Kreuzberg; Neukölln; Charlottenberg; Schöneberg; day-trips to Potsdam, Wannsee beach, Sachsenhausen and Villa Wannsee. Attractions include: Hackesche Höfe; Checkpoint Charlie; Brandenburg Gate; Neue Synagoge; Deutsches Historisches Museum; The Neue Wache; East Side Gallery; Jewish Museum; Museum Island; Berlin Wall Memorial; Fernsehturm (TV Tower); DDR Museum; Sony Center; Bauhaus Museum; Berliner Philharmonie; Berlin Zoo; Tiergarten; Reichstag; Kulturforum.
– Accommodation – our pick of the best places to stay, from boutique hotels to bargain hostels.
– Essentials – essential practical information including arrival, getting around, festivals and events plus a handy chronology and language section. Make the Most of Your Time on Earth with Pocket Rough Guide Berlin.
Book Your Trip To Germany
Get your dream travel planned & booked by local travel experts
At Rough Guides, we understand that experienced travellers want to get truly off-the-beaten-track. That’s why we’ve partnered with local experts to help you plan and book tailor-made trips that are packed with personality and stimulating adventure - at all levels of comfort. If you love planning, but find arranging the logistics exhausting, you’re in the right place.Learn Morechevron_right