Rough Guides Reader Awards 2017 terms & conditions
1. No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw.
2. This prize draw is not open to employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion. Entries from those age 13 or under must be accompanied by written permission from a parent/guardian or with their written consent.
3. Entries must be received by 23:59 GMT on November 10th 2017. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter.
4. Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
5. To enter, complete the form on the prize draw page [https://www.roughguides.com/article/rough-guides-reader-awards-2017/] in full.
6. All correctly completed entries will be entered into a prize draw, which will take place on November 13th 2017.
7. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
8. The winners will be notified via email by November 20th 2017. The winners must claim their prizes by November 25th 2017. If a prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
9. To obtain details of the winners, please email [email protected] stating the name of the prize draw in the subject heading 4 weeks after the closing date.
10. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
11. The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
12. By entering this prize draw each entrant confirms that his/her entry is their wholly owned creation and to the extent that such entry makes use of any third-party materials that these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights. Entrants will keep the Promoter harmless from any claims in relation to their entry that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person. By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to the Promoter a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence use, broadcast, publish and otherwise use the entrant’s name, statements regarding this prize draw, image, photograph, video, voice and/or likeness taken on their prize tour for advertising, promotional and/or any other purpose in any and all media now or hereafter devised worldwide in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
13. Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
14. By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
15. The Promoter is Rough Guides Limited, 136 Tooley Street, London SE1 2TU.
16. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
The prize for each winner is a highlight tour on the North Coast 500 and two complimentary NC500 Explorer Memberships with North Coast 500 OR a homestay (anywhere in the world) to the value of €300 with Homestay.com OR a Farpoint 40 or a Fairview 40, an Ultralight Packing Cube Set, a Document Zip Wallet and an Ultralight Stretch Stuff Sack from Osprey. Specific terms and conditions apply for each prize.
North Coast 500 specific terms & conditions:
- Car Rental and Driver Licence: The price includes VAT, insurance and roadside assistance. Additional insurance can be purchased for £70 for the week to reduce the £750 excess down to £0. The driver must be 25 years or over and have been driving for at least one year. They also need to be able to provide a full clean driving licence, two forms of proof of address dated within the past three months and a debit or credit card in their own name. Please note that the driver can have either a UK, European or Worldwide driving licence. If the driver lives outside the UK, a valid passport must also be shown at time of collection.
- NC500 Reader Awards 2017 Winner Prize: No cash or other alternative to the stated prizes are available.
- WINNER Prize Itinerary Package: Wednesday 18th to Tuesday 24th April. One (1) first prize available. The first prize entitles the winner and one other person travelling together to a highlight tour on the North Coast 500 and two complimentary NC500 Explorer Memberships. Winner itinerary package will include UK economy return flights for two people, car rental and insurance as stated above, accommodation for 6 nights (based on one double room) as well as all the meals, attractions and activities for two people as promoted on the North Coast 500 winner itinerary landing page: [http://www.northcoast500.com/ competition-(1).aspx]. In the event that any accommodation, restaurant or activity provided as part of the winner itinerary package cannot be fulfilled due to exceptional circumstances, the promoter will supply an alternative option of a similar value. The winner will also receive two yearly complimentary NC500 Explorer Memberships (worth £45 each).
- WINNER Prize Redemption Date: The 7-day ‘’ Highland Highlights’’ trip on the North Coast 500 for two people is only available from Wednesday 18th April (Day 1) to Tuesday 24th April (Day 7) as promoted on the North Coast 500 winner itinerary landing page. The date of redemption is not flexible due to the advanced booking necessary to fulfil this prize.
- Liability: All conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law or otherwise in relation to the prize are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, costs, expenses or claims suffered by entrants as a result of entering the competition or accepting the prizes except that the Promoters do not exclude or limit their liability for death or personal injury arising as a result of their negligence or breach of duty.
Homestay specific terms & conditions:
- The promoter of the competition is Homestay.com (“Promoter”) whose registered offices are at 6/7 St Stephens Green, Dublin 2, Ireland.
- By entering the Competition, the “Entrant” is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions and recognises the decision of the Promoter is binding and final.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase is necessary to enter this Competition.
- The Promoter will provide the Prize. The full prize details (the “Prize”) are as follows:
(i) There will be one (1) winner (the “Winner”)
(ii) The winner shall be entitled to homestay accommodation to the value of €300 for maximum two (2) people and must travel within one year of claiming prize. The Winner shall be entitled to their choice of any one of the homestays available on Homestay.com.
(iii) Cancellation – if the Winner cancels the trip after booking the Winner is not entitled to a refund from the Promoter.
- The Prize is non-transferable, and can only be claimed by the Winner notified by the Promoter via email.
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over. Each Entrant is required to complete the entry form correctly. The Entrant enters the competition at his/her own risk and on his/her own initiative, and is responsible for complying with all local laws, to the extent any local laws apply. Entry into the Competition may be unlawful under the laws of the applicable jurisdiction and if entry in the Competition is unlawful, the Entrant will breach these terms and conditions and will be immediately disqualified from the Competition.
- Employees, agents of the Promoter or any affiliated companies or subsidiaries or anyone else connected in any way with the Competition or helping to setup the Competition, shall not be permitted to enter the Competition.
- The Competition will run from October 20th. The winner of the Competition shall be chosen at random by the Promoter from all valid entries.
- The Winner shall be notified by the Promoter via their submitted email address.
- The Entrant agrees to allow the Promoter to use their name and nationality to be displayed as a Winner on the Homestay.com and Rough Guides website.
- By entering the Competition, the Entrant agrees, in the event that they are a Winner, to co-operate with and participate in such promotional activity as is reasonably requested by the Promoter.
- The Winner shall be given five (5) calendar days from the date of notification to claim the Prize.
- In the event that the Winner fails to respond in writing via email within five (5) calendar days, chooses not to accept the Prize, is ineligible for the Competition or fails to duly complete, execute and return any document required by the Promoter, he/she shall be immediately disqualified and he/she shall forthwith relinquish any right or entitlement to the Prize. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify the Winner and shall then randomly select from all remaining eligible Competition Entrants a replacement winner of the Prize (the “Replacement Winner”).
- The Replacement Winner shall be notified via his/her submitted email address. The Replacement Winner shall be given five (5) calendar days from the date of notification to claim the Prize.
- In the event that the Replacement Winner fails to respond in writing via email within five (5) calendar days, chooses not to accept the Prize, is ineligible for the Competition or fails to duly complete, execute and return any document required by the Promoter, he/she shall be immediately disqualified from the Competition and he/she shall forthwith relinquish any right or entitlement to the Prize. The Promoter reserves the right to select a further Replacement Winner in a similar manner as outlined until such time as the Prize is claimed.
- The Promoter will not accept multiple entries using the same email address; only one entry per person is permitted. In the event the Promoter has reasonable grounds to believe that the same person has made multiple entries and if such Entrant has already been selected as the Winner, the Promoter may select a Replacement Winner.
- If a dispute arises regarding the identity of the individual that submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorised account holder of the email account.
- Each Entrant releases and holds the Promoter and its employees, agents, sub-contractors and consultants harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Competition or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any Prize, including without limitation, personal injury, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
- The receipt by an Entrant of a Prize is conditional upon that Entrant executing all releases and other documentation and providing such assistance as the Promoter may reasonably require.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel and amend the competition and these terms and conditions without liability and shall not be liable for any breach of its obligations hereunder resulting from causes beyond its reasonable control including but not limited to fires, strikes (of its own or other employees), insurrection or riots, embargoes, delays in transportation, requirements or regulations of any civil or military authority, computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or technical failure.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify or discontinue this Competition or to restrict its availability to any person, at any time, for any or no reason, and without prior notice or liability to Entrants.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Ireland and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ireland.
Book through Rough Guides’ trusted travel partners