Exodus Travels / Rough Guides terms & conditions
1. No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw.
2. This prize draw is open to residents of the United Kingdom, United States and Canada excluding Quebec aged 25 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
3. Entries must be received by 23:59 GMT on November 30th 2016. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter.
4. Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
5. To enter fill out the form on the prize draw page [https://www.roughguides.com/competitions/win-a-trip-to-india/], including your answer to the question: “what makes you want to explore India?”
6. All correctly completed entries will be entered into a prize draw, which will take place on December 5th 2016. The first entry drawn from entries from each of the three territories will be the winners (there will therefore be three winners in total – one from the UK, USA and Canada). Where a winner is a Canadian resident, he/she must correctly answer without mechanical or other assistance, a time limited mathematical skill testing question to be administered by telephone during a pre-arranged time.
7. The prize for each winner is a new copy of The Rough Guide to India, plus a choice of three trips to India with Exodus: Tigers in Focus; Colours of Rajasthan or The Tropical South.Each trip includes a return flight from the United Kingdom (covered by Exodus Travel Ltd, up to a value of US$1,100), USA (to be booked at least 10 weeks ahead of travel and to be covered by India Tourism New York) or Canada (to be booked at least 10 weeks ahead of travel and covered by India Tourism Toronto) for the winners only based on the winners’ country of residence. Bookings to be made through Exodus Travel. Guided tours, transfers to and from airports in India, lunches, breakfasts and dinners featuring a double occupancy standard hotel room, and activities are also included and will be as set out on the appropriate website for each trip chosen (for an approximate retail value of US$1,545). Any difference between the state approximate retail value and the actual value of the prize will not be awarded. Selection of hotels is solely within Exodus Travels Ltd’s discretion. The prize does not include transfers to or from the winners’ home country airport but does include transfers to and from airports within India. All travelling dates and time are subject to availability. Each winner must claim their prize no later than December 31st 2016 and all travel must be completed no later than December 15th 2017. The tour must be booked and flights issued by August 15th 2017. Certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply. In the event that the winners cannot make these dates, no alternative dates will be possible and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to a substitute winner. The winners are responsible for obtaining all necessary visas, passports or other travel documentation. Travel insurance is not included and it is the winners’ responsibility to arrange suitable cover for all passengers prior to travel. Winners and guests must have full passport valid for at least 6 months at time of travel. The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available. All element of the prize must be taken at the same time. Once booked, the prize cannot be altered or amended. The prize excludes excursions, attractions, treatments, car hire, visas, personal expenses, departure and airport taxes and customs/agriculture fees and anything not expressly included in the prize. Other than as specified, the Promoter shall not be liable for any costs or expenses arising out of or in any way connected with this prize and does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by the winner as a result of accepting this prize. All travel is subject to the terms and conditions of Exodus Travels Ltd.
8. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
9. The winner will be notified via email by December 9th 2016. The winner must claim their prize by December 31st 2016. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
10. To obtain details of the winner please email [email protected] stating the name of the prize draw in the subject heading 4 weeks after the closing date.
11. The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
12. The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
13. By entering this prize draw each entrant confirms that his/her entry is their wholly-owned creation and to the extent that such entry makes use of any third party materials that these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights. Entrants will keep the Promoter harmless from any claims in relation to their entry that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person. By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to the Promoter and Exodus Travels Ltd a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence use, broadcast, publish and otherwise use the entrant’s name, statements regarding this prize draw, image, photograph, video, voice and/or likeness taken on their prize tour for advertising, promotional and/or any other purpose in any and all media now or hereafter devised worldwide in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
14. Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
15. By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. The Promoter is Rough Guides Limited 136 Tooley Street, London SE1 2TU.
17. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Book through Rough Guides’ trusted travel partners