Ethnotek Terms & Conditions
OFFICIAL RULES FOR THE ETHNOTEK SKILL CONTEST
- No purchase necessary to enter the competition. Void where prohibited by law.
- This competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom or United States of America aged 16 years or over. Employees of Promoter, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates or other parties, including but not limited to Dorling Kindersley Ltd., Penguin Books Ltd., and Penguin Group (USA) Inc., in any way involved in the development, production, or distribution of this competition, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee and/or authors, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
- Entries must be received by midnight on Friday June 29th in the time-zone of the entrant’s jurisdiction (the “Closing Date”). The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry will be the computer servers of the Promoter. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
- To enter the competition, you must visit the article at www.roughguides.com/article/ethnotek and answer the question ‘what one thing do you always take in your rucksack?’.
- The judge (an editor at Rough Guides Limited) will chose one winner, who will be the entrant that has submitted the answer we deem best based on content and writing style, 50% creativity and content, and 50% writing quality.
- The prize for each winner is one Ethnotek rucksack worth approximately $120.
- The prize is strictly non-transferable. The prize is not redeemable for cash or exchange. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition each entrant confirms that his/her entry is their wholly-owned creation and to the extent that such entry makes use of any third party materials that these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights. Entrants will keep the Promoter harmless from any claims in relation to their entry that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person. By submitting an entry, each entrant (or their parent/guardian on their behalf) grants to the Promoter a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to edit, publish, translate, modify, adapt, make available and distribute the entry throughout the world in any media now known or hereafter invented. Each entrant (or their parent/guardian on their behalf) undertakes to complete any necessary documentation to formalise the licence. If you do not want to grant us these rights, please do not submit materials to us.
- The winner will be notified via email or post or phone within 14 days of the relevant Closing Date. To be confirmed a winner, the selected entrant must: (a) claim their prize within 30 working days of the Promoter sending notification, and (b) sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and compliance with the Promotion’s Terms and Conditions and release of liability and consent to publicity (“Affidavit”). If a selected entrant does not return the Affidavit with in 30 days of being awarded the prize, or if the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- To obtain details of the winner please email email@example.com stating the name of the competition in the subject heading four weeks after the closing date.
- The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this prize competition, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize competition and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- The winner agrees to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their name and likeness in such publicity.
- By entering the prize competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is Rough Guides Limited of 80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL, United Kingdom.
Travel offers; book through Rough Guides