Some 100km northwest of Santa Cruz lies the peaceful little town of BUENA VISTA, the northern gateway to Parque Nacional Amboró. Raised slightly above the plains, the town is aptly named, enjoying good views of the densely-forested mountain slopes of Amboró. Buena Vista is a popular summer retreat for weekenders from Santa Cruz, though during the week it remains a sleepy place. The town was originally founded in 1694 as a Jesuit mission. Sadly, the eighteenth-century Jesuit church was demolished in the 1960s and replaced by the unattractive modern brick structure that stands today.
Show Related Guides Hide Related Guides