- They look similar at a glance but alpacas have shorter legs, necks and snouts than llamas, and also have a fluffier fleece.
- Named after Simón Bolívar, Bolivia won its independence in 1825, after nearly three centuries as a Spanish colony.
- In 2001 the highest football match in the world was played on the top of the 6542m Sajama volcano.
- A bridge stretching from Potosí to Spain could reputedly have been built with the silver extracted from the Cerro Rico mines during the colonial period.
- Since independence, Bolivia has lost almost half its territory, including its Pacific coast, which was captured by Chile in 1879.Despite being landlocked, the country still has a navy.
Show Related Ebooks Hide Related Ebooks