Situated about 70km from the Trans-Canada Highway via Rte-230 and 270km north of St John’s, tiny TRINITY has narrow lanes edged by a delightful ensemble of white and pastel-painted clapboard houses, all set between a ring of hills and the deep and intricate Trinity Bight. The architectural high point of the village is St Paul’s Anglican Church, completed in 1894, whose perfectly proportioned Gothic Revival exterior is adorned by elaborate scrollwork. Inside, the graceful and dignified nave is divided into three, the side aisles entered through arches carved to resemble whale bones and the ceiling up above fashioned in the shape of an upturned boat. The Trinity Historical Society manages several historic sites in the village, giving a flavour of what life was like here in the nineteenth century.
Show Canada ebooks Hide Canada ebooks