About 1km north of the station stands the imposing UN complex (tram #13 or #15 to Nations). Guided tours of the Palais des Nations start in the new wing (entry 14 av. de la Paix) and continue to the original Palais des Nations, built in 1929–38 to house the League of Nations. The highlight is the Council Chamber, with allegorical ceiling murals by José-Maria Sert. Just beyond the UN is the thought-provoking Musée International de la Croix-Rouge, which documents the Red Cross’s origins and achievements.