Behind the old bank is the Regionmuséet. Construction of the building was started by Christian in 1616; he intended to make it a grand palace, but, thanks to the bloody Skåne wars, work got no further than the low buildings. As soon as they were built, the stables here were turned into an arsenal containing ammunition for the pro-Danish partisans. Today, the museum is home to permanent exhibitions about the town’s military and industrial past. There’s also an art gallery showing good contemporary exhibitions.