Your Top 5 travel iPad Apps

Hi Guys,

I am always looking for nifty iPad apps for my vacation trips. I find it extremely helpful using my iPad in an unknown place like a big city. Also I like to prepare using my iPad either finding new travel destinations and getting inspired through pictures or even booking my trip.

Any tips or personal experiences are welcome.

What are you favorite travel apps which make your life easier on the road?

Best Piotr

nelsonYo 02/01/14    Gear & equipment Link Report

Processing your request, Please wait....

3 Replies Date Popularity

Hi Piotr, thanks for your question. I have had to remove the links from your post as it contravened our Community Guidelines.

In answer to your question though – I just got an iPad and find using apps like Triptease for inspiration is great fun, and I like to use Kayak to compare flights and book my trip.

Rough Guides also has a pretty cool app called World Lens which has hundreds of photographs with caption for travel inspiration – have you tried it?

Lottie Gross 02/01/14    Link Report

Hi Lottie, oh okay I didn’t know that sorry. No I haven’t used the apps you suggested, pretty good tips.

Tripteease sounds like a fun app also its seems be nicely designed, I’ll check it out for sure. Word Lens is most likely pretty helpful if I am on the road somewhere in Russia :)

Have you tried the Vista Point app? Its pretty cool if you want to see what going on right now at a certain spot and wanna know how’s the weather over there. Good for travel preparation.

For me Yelp is also a classic travel app if you are in an unknown city, its always helpful if you are tired and hungry just to have a looks whats going on around me :)

What do you think?

nelsonYo 02/01/14    Link Report

No worries! :)

Hope you enjoy World Lens. It will give you itchy feet though so watch out :P

Never used Vista Point but will give it a go! And yes, Yelp is excellent, I forgot about that one. Always good to know where to eat when I don’t have a Rough Guide in my hand :)

Lottie Gross 02/01/14    Link Report

Hi Piotr,

Thought this article might be interesting for you to have a look at (http://www.roughguides.com/article/best-travel-apps/), it’s our pick of the best apps and websites for 2014. I don’t have an iPad but use an iPhone – the CityMapper app is fantastic, I use it the whole time! Also keen to try out the EatWith website on my next trip!

Enjoy your travels!

Olivia Rawes 03/01/14    Link Report

Hi Olivia,
thanks for the tip, thats a neat list!!!!

nelsonYo 03/01/14    Link Report