Your Favourite Travelling Songs

Most people listen to music when travelling, whether it’s entertainment for a long bus journey or soothing tracks to help you sleep on a over night flight.

What song reminds you of your travels and why?

Kerry Higgins 02/09/14    General travel chat Link Report

Processing your request, Please wait....

4 Replies Date Popularity

Great question! There’s a whole Coldplay album that reminds me of looooong bus journeys through Vietnam, and Paolo Nutini’s Sunny Side Up album reminds me of road trips along the Devon coast with my mum!

The Red Hot Chili Peppers’ Road Trippin’ song always makes me want to get in the car and drive somewhere sunny…

Lottie Gross 04/09/14    Link Report

There’s a song called ‘Call Me’ from the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack which reminds me a LOT of my first trip to Japan! It’s such a good travel song, upbeat with a good pace but it has a sort of wistful vibe – or maybe that’s just me wanting to go back there!

Sittin’ on the Dock of the Bay is one which makes me want to travel, so maybe in future it’ll remind me of a long-overdue trip to America…

Rebecca Hallett 04/09/14    Link Report

Kalamarka’s Por la Igualdad de Razas y Derechos. I’d never heard of them before visiting Bolivia, but after four days travelling around the southwest in a 4WD with this album on loop, I’ll never forget them (even if I wanted to). Who’d have thought panpipes could be so catchy? youtube.com/watch?v=SwvaiZ5de2I

And Canned Heat’s Going up the Country is always a good start to a sunny weekend away…

Keith Drew 09/09/14    Link Report

Frank Turner’s ‘The Road’ is a great song to listen to when you jet off on a trip somewhere. Reminds me of why I choose to travel rather than stay at home.

hcscarr 10/09/14    Link Report