Where is the best place to travel in August for 1 month?

Myself and my friend (both female) want to travel for 1 month in August, but are not sure where the best places are to avoid monsoon seasons. We were originally hoping to go to India / South America, but I’d love some advice on the best places to go. I’ve looked for hours online trying to find a clever list detailing where to go when (by country or even continent), and can’t find anything.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

travellinglaura 18/03/13    Where to go Link Report

Processing your request, Please wait....

12 Replies Date Popularity

That’s completely subjective and depends on so many things. But don’t discount the monsoon season, it can be a fantastic time to travel! (Cheaper, less people, etc).

If you have never been backpacking before, have you considered Thailand for a month? (It is well known as a first time backpacker destination for a reason) If not, how about Peru to see Macchu Picchu? India is a fantastic place, but I would suggest more than a month if you can.

If you could tell us a little about yourself, what you like/don’t like, what your interests are, we may be able to help you out a little bit more with something more specific. At the moment to be honest you could stick a pin in a map and suggest there?

Michael Huxley 28/03/13    Link Report

was wondering how to set up a budget. in planning to stay a month in South America, and was wondering how cheap that can get wanna stay in Bolivia Peru and Brazil.

John kelly 10/04/13    Link Report

Cambodia is the place for visiting.

Sathia Chhuon 20/03/13    Link Report

actually its rainy in august in india but valley of flowers which is in northen india else leh and ladkah is also good option…..

dr.ranjeet 22/05/13    Link Report

Thanks so much for the comment, not sure we can handle weather that’s extremely cold, but will deinfitely look through the country guides and see where looks best!

travellinglaura 21/03/13    Link Report

India is August is hot, hot and hot! 40c and up! India is a challenge in the cooler season and in the hot/humid season it is intense. Many beautiful places to see, but OMG the heat.

It’s winter in South America, so for the most part a good time to travel and escape the heat. You’ll find snow in the mountains, some rain, maybe lot’s of rain, and many beautiful, cool sunny days! You will save a bundle in winter in SA, and fewer que’s and cheaper!!!!!!!!!!!! If you go to the southern SA countries it will be cold, but that depends where you go. The northern SA countries are a nice balance and can get pretty warm. So south of the Equator it will be colder, and north warm for the most part????? I love Equador, as you will get cold in the mountains, but warm/humid if the Lower Oriente. Chile is cold in winter, but nice escape from the northern hemesphere’s summer. Each country is different and I suggest you get a Rough Guide to get the best information.

Time of my life 19/03/13    Link Report

not all of india is HOT. it 28c in 13 aug where i LIVE

Sachin Sood 13/08/13    Link Report

Well I’m travelling in July and August (coming back in the first week of Sept to start my uni course), and I am heading to SE Asia baby!!!! A little over a month in Thailand, a month in Malaysia then a week in Singapore. I think that was the best choice for me, but I don’t see why you can’t do just one of those places in 1 month alone.

Stephanie L 11/04/13    Link Report

You Want travel in Agust , I Think india is best places for vist. Here You can see taj mahal in agra, wildlife in rajasthan Bannerghatta National Park in Bangalore, Ranthambore of Rajasthan etc.

Narendra 16/04/13    Link Report

I’d consider staying in northern Europe in August – it is festival season after all, with the biggest of them all in Edinburgh. You could also visit the Highlands though remember your insect repellant!

http://www.roughguides.com/article/party-time-ten-great-festivals-and-events-across-the-uk/

If your heart is set on long-haul I’d consider Australia’s Top End. This is the best time to visit Darwin and the amazing Kakadu National Park:

http://www.roughguides.com/destinations/australasia/australia/northern-territory/

Andy Turner 22/03/13    Link Report

I am planning a trip for a month in August this year and I would love to know what you decided on.

slhfilms 03/07/13    Link Report

According to me you should prefer India because it’s rainy season in India. In this season, the environment of hill stations are is really amazing. As i live in Mumbai, so i can suggest the name of few hill stations, Matheran, Panchgani, and Mahanbaleshwar. You should go here, you won’t regret on your decision. Regarding Train enquiry in India visit: http://www.getpnrstatus.co.in/

Shoeb 25/09/13    Link Report

I would recommend you to visit India. You will find a lot of places to visit in India like, Pilgrims, Beaches, Hill Stations and many more.

Sachin Karpe 18/02/14    Link Report