Sol y mar on isle mujeres, cancun

Hello,
In your 2008 edition of cancun you’ve listed the hotel/apts Mar y Sol as a recommended place for someone who wants to get away from the crowds. My wife and I have made air reservations for cancun from 4-11-14 to 4-21-14 and would like to know if you think this is still a good choice. Beaches and nature are our priorities. We like to hang out and cook in, snorkel, and walk/hike. Is this the place for us?

Tom Poulos 11/11/13    Responsible travelMexico Link Report

Processing your request, Please wait....

1 Reply Date Popularity

Hi there,

In our 2013 Mexico book we don’t actually mention Mar y Sol, but that’s not to say it’s no good –there’s a wide range of possible reasons for it not being included. Our authors seem to have liked a place called Sina Suites, where there are kitchen facilities and a sundeck that looks out over the lagoon.

There are loads more recommendations in the book if you want to treat yourself to it! Here it is:

http://www.roughguides.com/shop/rough-guide-mexico/book/

Cheers,

Neil

Neil McQuillian 25/11/13    Link Report

Isle Mujeres? Well, Isla Mujeres is a beautiful and calm island, 30 minutes away from the coast of Cancun. Isla Mujeres is a good choice for tourists that just want to relax, i recommend you to rent a golf cart to explore the tiny island, visit the turtle farm, Garrafon Park, Punta Sur, and Playa Norte. The best hotel in the island is Villa Rolandi Thalasso, other good hotels are Privilege Aluxes, Isla Mujeres Palace, and the Avalon Reef, which is located in a smaller island on the Playa Norte Area, right next to it, ther is an awesome natural sea water pool. I personaly love Isla Mujeres, but if you are looking for nature and amazing beaches, then Playa del Carmen, Akumal, Tulum, and Punta Maroma, would be other nice options for you, since there are many eco parks around those places, like Xcaret, Xel ha, Selvatica, and many others. Enjoy your trip :)

cancuntrips 31/12/13    Link Report