Vietnam on my own

Hello all!
I am planning to visit Vietnam for about 2 weeks in September. I would like to see Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh, Halong Bay, the floating markets other tourist sites and finally visit Sapa.
Three questions
1. I am female and travelling on my own, is it safe?
2. Approximately how many days should I spend in each destination
3. Where should I start Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh?

Thank you for help

Explorer girl

Explore 11/05/14    Women travellers Link Report

Processing your request, Please wait....

4 Replies Date Popularity

Hi, I did it solo from Hanoi downwards last December. Liked it that way as Hanoi is a good starter on the northern culture. Did Ha Long as a day trip, if I did it again I’d overnight there.
Absolute don’t miss place is Hoi An, do the food tour ($40) there and the free day tour and you’ll have a great time.
HCM was mental! I’d not do too long there or you might go loco!

makefast 12/05/14    Link Report

Hi girl,
I am a Vietnamese. I’m living in Ho Chi Minh City now. I like to travel and make friends around the world. When you travel to Vietnam, do not hesitate to contact me.

may 13/05/14    Link Report

Hi May!
That is very kind of you, once I have booked the ticket. I will let you know
Regards
Explorer girl

Explore 13/05/14    Link Report

Hello Explorer Girl.
I worked as a tour leader in Vietnam on my own as a British female and enjoyed very much and felt safe.
I agree if flight prices and routes are good then start in Hanoi. Definitely overnight in Halong Bay and book a trip with Kayaks on board. A couple of nights in Hanoi is fine, I think from memory most museums are closed on a Monday. I used to take the overnight sleeper train to Hue from Hanoi. Very clean and tidy. Hue is lovely, paddy fields, motor cycle tours and ancient tombs/citadel. After that a short bus over Hai Van Pass to HoiAn – great place to get clothes made overnight. Then a day train to Danang for your beach stay in Nha Trang. ( I used to stay on Whale Island – lovely ) Then another train (or if you’ve had enough) fly to Ho Chi Minh City, book a trip to Cu Chi tunnels and on the Mekong, Have a great time, I am well jealous.

Tourleadermax 14/05/14    Link Report

OMG!!!
That’s a lot to do but so exciting yeek! thank you so much, for your insight and input now I cannot wait.

Tour leader max bless you

Explore 15/05/14    Link Report

Hello.

If you come to Vietnam 17 days, you should read my link:

http://easy-riders.vn/product/north-south-tour-hanoi-saigon-in-17-days.html

Hai Nguyen 16/07/14    Link Report