No Rough Guides on Google Play

When I try to buy a Rough Guide (eg The Rough Guide to Malaysia, Singapore & Brunei) and I select choose format and try “Buy for Android From Google Play” i get the following

We couldn’t find anything for your search – The Rough Guide to Malaysia, Singapore & Brunei.
Suggestions:
Make sure that all words are spelled correctly.
Try different keywords.
Try more general keywords.

Happens with all other guides I have tried. Other searches suggest it does not exist. :(

I am access sing from South Africa (ZA)

Peter Warren

Peter 14/11/13    ShoppingSouth Africa Link Report

Processing your request, Please wait....

1 Reply Date Popularity

Hi Peter,

I’m really sorry to hear that you are having issues with the Google Play eBook. We’ve checked with our sales team and it turns out that Google only have the digital rights to sell certain eBooks in certain currencies, which is why ours are not showing up in South Africa. Unfortunately, this may mean that you have to buy in a different currency. Can you please check the following link to see if you can access it? I tried it with a South African proxy and was able to see it, but this doesn’t always accurately replicate the experience of being in another country – especially a sunny one ;)

https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Richard_Lim_The_Rough_Guide_to_Malaysia_Singapore_?id=sLSgjoH8jo8C

We will be changing our shop in the next couple of months to deal with issues like this so please bear with us.

Thanks

Lottie

Lottie Gross 14/11/13    Link Report

Processing your request, Please wait....