Thanks in advance for your help with our itinerary! My wife and I are travelling to Turkey and Greece in July. We are adventurous and love doing things outdoors (ATVing, hiking, seeing sites, ruins, diving, etc). We are in our late 20s and early 30s and want to see a lot and don’t mind rushing some of the time. We want to be budget conscious for the trip (i.e. we heard that Santorini is expensive so are limiting our time there).
1) Please critique our itinerary and recommend changes of more/less time in places and if you think we are missing any major areas near where we are going.
2) We are worried we are missing out on Ephesus, Turkey but could not to fit it in. Should we still go and replace it with one of our other choices?
3) We really want to do Crete and have tried to maximize our time there, we know 5 days isn’t enough to see everything there, but is it at least enough to see to be worth it?
4) For Day 10, we are leaning toward Travel and Naxos, instead of more time in Santorini. Thoughts?
5) Let us know if we are rushing way too much in certain areas (we know it will be busy overall and are okay with that).
Day 1 Flight arrives late morning / Istanbul
Day 2 Fly to Cappadocia/ Cappadocia
Day 3 Cappadocia
Day 4 Cappadocia / Fly to Istanbul – Athens
Day 5 Athens
Day 6 (Peloponnese) Ancient Corinth – Corinth Canal – Epidavros – Nafplio
Day 7 (Peloponnese) Mycenae and Nafplio
Day 8 (Peloponnese) Nafplio – (stops along way?) – Olympia – Nafpaktos
Day 9 (Peloponnese) Delphi – Athens
Day 10 Athens / Ferry / Naxos??
Day 11 Naxos
Day 12 Naxos
Day 13 Santorini
Day 14 Santorini/Crete
Day 15 Crete
Day 16 Crete
Day 17 Crete
Day 18 Crete
Day 19 Crete/Fly to Istanbul
Day 20 Istanbul
Day 21 Istanbul
Day 22 Leave in early morning
Thank you for the help!!