getting from pula/rovinj to dubrovnik via islands

I am spending a week in rovinj for a festival and want to travel down to dubrovnik in order to fly out of there. How easy would this be to do? I have a week to get to dubrovnik and would like to do some island hopping too.
If anyone has any experience with this i would greatly appreciate the help.

Many Thanks

Dee

dee 30/04/14    Getting there Link Report

Processing your request, Please wait....

2 Replies Date Popularity

Hi Dee,

I travelled exactly that route a few years ago. There are excellent bus services running all the way down the coast and the views are stunning. Make sure you sit on the right-hand side of the bus – the sea is so clear that you can see all of the tiny fishes from the motorway. I’d suggest breaking up your journey en-route in either Zadar or Split (personally I prefer Split but they are both lovely). Alternatively, Rijeka is very well connected by ferry (including a service all the way to Dubrovnik) or you could take a ferry from Pula to Zadar; the Jadrolinija website (www.jadrolinija.hr) has all of the timetables and info in English. With only a week I’d suggest you pick one or two islands that you’d really like to visit, rather than spreading yourself too thinly. My favourite islands were Dugi Otok, Hvar and Vis, but there are plenty to choose from. You could even rent yourself a lighthouse for a week if you fancy: http://www.lighthouses-croatia.com!

Have a great time

Alison Roberts 02/05/14    Link Report

Hi Alison,

Thank you so much for that reply, it’s really helpful! I’m going to look into it all and I might be cheeky and come back to you! Thanks again :) dee

dee 03/05/14    Link Report