Getting a Rough Guide listing for the Jerusalem Botanical Gardens

I’d like to know how I can get the Jerusalem Botanical Gardens listed in the Rough Guide, but I guess the answer will depend partly on whether, and if so when, a new edition is due!

Here’s a little blurb in case anyone’s looking for some green relief in Jerusalem……..

The Jerusalem Botanical Gardens offer a serene, green break from all of the noise, stone, dust and antiquities of Israel’s largest metropolis.
Located close to the Israel Museum and the Knesset, in ‘museum row,’ the Gardens stretch over 30 acres and hold the country’s largest plant collection.
Exhibits are divided between six geographical sections, designed to reflect different plant communities from all over the world. Here, you can travel from Europe to North America, from Southern Africa to Australia, and from Asia to the Mediterranean, within a couple of hours!
Garden highlights include a general tour by Flower Train, a colorful indoor tropical conservatory (currently closed for major expansion and renovation), a Plants of the Bible trail with a biblical crop exhibit, a herb and medicinal plant garden, an African savannah grass maze, a picturesque lakeside restaurant and a plant nursery. A children’s discovery trail is to be built during 2013-14, during which time the Tropical Conservatory will also be expanded and overhauled.
Visited by some 200,000 people annually, the Gardens run a variety of festivals and activities throughout the year as well as educational and therapeutic programs under the banner “Plants Grow People.”

For further information: http://www.en.botanic.co.il

Wintertime opening hours:
Sundays through Thursdays 9.00-17.00
Fridays and holiday eves 9.00-15.00
Sabbaths and holidays 9.00-17.00
(Hours may be extended for special events – please check this site).

Summertime opening hours:
Sundays through Thursdays 9.00-19.00
Fridays and holiday eves 9.00-17.00
Sabbaths and holidays 9.00-18.00
(Hours may be extended for special events – please check this site).

Entrance prices:
(Excluding special events, exhibitions and festivals)
Single adult ticket NIS 30
Single child ticket NIS 20

Group tours can be arranged in advance. For details, please contact [email protected] or call 073 2438914.

SueJeru 03/07/13    Wildlife and natureIsrael Link Report

Processing your request, Please wait....

1 Reply Date Popularity

Hi there,

Thanks for this information on Jerusalem Botanical Gardens. I will pass this information on to our authors for Jerusalem to take into consideration for inclusion in the next edition of this guide.

Any further updates please send through to: [email protected]

Our listings are compiled on the personal recommendations of our authors; we don’t charge for inclusion.

Best wishes,

Olivia

Olivia Rawes 04/07/13    Link Report

Processing your request, Please wait....