CROATIA HOW TO GET AROUND?

I am planning to spend a week in croatia flying into Dubrovnik, Is it easy to island hop around?
Does it need pre-planning or can you just sort it out when you get there from tourist information places? I was hoping it was possible to reach hvar, even split eventually…..

I was wanting advice also on a good night out in Dubrovnik and surrounding islands!

amy2013e 23/07/13    Budget travelCroatia Link Report

Processing your request, Please wait....

4 Replies Date Popularity

Hey, you can read more about getting around here:

http://www.roughguides.com/destinations/europe/croatia/getting-around/

As well as our main Croatia guide we also produce a handy Snapshot guide to Dubrovnik:

http://www.roughguides.com/shop/dubrovnik-around-rough-guides-snapshot-croatia/ebook/

Andy Turner 25/07/13    Link Report

Hi,

It’s pretty easy during summer, with both ferries and catamarans going to the main islands. For catamarans, you can’t book, so just check the times at the tourist office the day before you want to depart. They can go pretty early in the morning, and it’s worth getting there with plenty of time to buy tickets during busy times.

We did Dubrovnkik-Mljet-Korcula-Split all by catamaran (with a couple of days in each), which was fun, and the Korcula-Split catamaran stopped at Hvar en route.

Have fun.

Alice

Alice Park 25/07/13    Link Report

I am trying to encourage my parents to visit Split sometime in September what would you reccomend are the best bits to see & how far is the airport from the city centre?

Taupe Trousers Zip & a Hook shut 24/07/14    Link Report

Thanks so much Alice I appreciate it!

amy2013e 26/07/13    Link Report

The best to get around croatia is by car as Public transport is not very good except for long distance buses

Taupe Trousers Zip & a Hook shut 24/07/14    Link Report