we’re (2 adults) planning a 6 weeks long vacation this summer in Japan. We are keen campers and have all necessary gear. I was able to find some info on camping grounds, but would appreciate a first-hand account if somebody has it, particularly on camping while trekking, off the beaten path, away from the usual tourist hotspots. We’ll be staying in a mix of hotels/ryokan while in cities, but would like to camp otherwise. The following points are of interest to us:
- how easy/difficult can the camping grounds be reached by public transport and/or car;
- what are the facilities when camping while trekking;
- what are the facilities in national parks;
- anything specific we should bring from Europe;
- is it practical/advisable to purchase food at the huts during trekking or is cooking our own food a good alternative?
- is white gas/naphta available in Japan?
Thank you for your help,