4 weeks Sri Lanka suggestions?

Hello,

Around christmas I’m visiting Sri Lanka with my girlfriend. The first week is completly free en the last week two. The two weeks n the middle I’ll be staying close to Negombo in a beach house with my family. Do you have suggestions for a round trip in the week previous and after the twoo weeks Negombo?

Sjoerd 31/08/13    Where to goSri Lanka Link Report

Processing your request, Please wait....

3 Replies Date Popularity

Hi there,
Wow a month in LK. sounds like an amazing vacation.
Yes you can find a lot of suggestions but my advice is try planning it with an experienced guide if not the whole tour will be a waste of time.
As a help I would like to recommend the guide I use when I am in LK because he has gained a lot experience.
He is Menaka Arangala. better google him and get more details.
the email was [email protected]

Regards

Alex

Alex_Rb 26/09/13    Link Report

Hi there,

Five weeks in Sri Lanka around Christmas sounds wonderful.

We have some suggested itineraries here: http://www.roughguides.com/destinations/asia/sri-lanka/itineraries/, and perhaps do the ‘wildlife and nature’ tour would work for your first week, and the ‘grand tour’ for your two-week section. You may want to hire a driver to take you to national parks and sights inland, to provide you with someone who’s knowledgeable on the areas, and to save you time and effort trying to get there on your own steam.

Highlights for me in Sri Lanka were the beaches of the south and southeast coast (more beautiful, quieter and more luxurious the further east you go), and the elephants and beautiful landscapes around Kandy.

Have a lovely trip :)

Helen Abramson 04/09/13    Link Report

i think udawalawa national parkand sinharaja rainforest from deniyaya is good place to visit in sri lanka if you like nature.

deniyaya 31/03/14    Link Report